Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is a two-tier national level engineering entrance exam governed and monitored by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). It’s CBSE duty to deal with JEE Main 2018 and supervise the examination for students seeking admissions in government or private engineering and architecture colleges in India. The All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE) was replaced by the JEE examination in 2013.
JEE Main 2018 Application Form Description:
Since the year 2013, all the engineering examinations whether conducted by states or colleges themselves are replaced by a common exam that is Joint Entrance Examination. All the aspirants willing to make their career in Engineering field are advised to fill JEE Main 2018 Application form after December 1st, 2017, by online mode only.
The release of the JEE Notification: 18 November 2017
Application Form Submission: 1 December 2017 to 16 January 2018
Application Fee Submission: 1 December 2017 to 18 January 2018
Application Form Correction: 25 January 2018 to 3 February 2018
Eligibility to Fill the Form:
Age Limit: Candidate’s date of birth should fall on or after 01 October 1993 (for non-reserved category) and 01 October 1988 (for reserved categories) candidates.
Qualification: Candidates must have passed/appearing 12th or equivalent examination from any recognized board with PCM or hold a diploma (3 years).
Percentage Criteria: No percentage criteria
Fee Submission Details for JEE:
For non-reserved category (offline paper): Rs. 1000 (For B.Tech or B.Arch) and Rs. 1800 (For both B.Tech and B.Arch)
For non-reserved category (online paper): Rs. 500 (For B.Tech or B.Arch) and Rs. 1300 (For both B.Tech and B.Arch)
For reserved categories (including girls- Offline Paper): Rs. 500 (For B.Tech or B.Arch) and Rs. 900 (For both B.Tech and B.Arch)
For non-reserved category (online paper): Rs. 250 (For B.Tech or B.Arch) and Rs. 650 (For both B.Tech and B.Arch)
Documents Needed While Filling Application Form:
- Class 10th Mark sheet & Certificate, Class 12th Mark sheet & Certificate,
- AADHAR card issued by UIDAI
- Passport size Date of Birth attached photograph (size should be between 4 kb to 40 kb)
- Scanned copy of signature (size should be between 1KB to 30KB)
How to Fill the JEE Main 2018 Online Form Now:
Here are the steps you need to follow to fill the JEE Main 2018 form:
- Go to the official website of JEE Main Examination.
- Click on the button “Apply for JEE” given on the website.
- Enter your personal, exam related and academic details in the application form fields.
- Upload the latest passport size photograph and Signature in JPEG format.
- Pay the fee using your credit card/debit card/net-banking or E-Challan and submit.
- Take a printout of the fee payment confirmation page.